If you’ve been anywhere on social media in the past few years, you’ve heard of the Dyson air wrap. Loved for its ability to dry and style hair without extreme heat, it’s one of the fastest and most effortless ways to style your hair. Although it comes with a hefty price tag, it has proven its power time and time again. If you’re thinking of taking the plunge and buying the Airwrap or just bought it and don’t know where to start, we’ve got you! Here are 9 Dyson Airwrap tutorials for all hair lengths!
What is the Dyson air wrap?
Dyson Airwrap is a hair styling tool that allows you to dry and style your hair without extreme heat. It directs air into the hair to give it body and the bristles create tension to shape the hair as it dries. According to the Dyson’s website, Airwrap takes advantage of an aerodynamic phenomenon called the Coanda effect that bends the air to attract and wrap the hair in the cylinder. It comes equipped with different styling accessories for different hair styles, from soft curls to casual waves and soft straight styles. Simultaneously dries and styles with air instead of extreme heat, saving you time and protecting your hair from heat damage.
10 Dyson Airwrap tips for beginners
1. If you don’t plan on curling your hair with the rollers, use any of the brushes or blow dryers to dry your hair completely.
2. If you plan to curl your hair, it works best if your hair is damp, so make it about 75-85% dry
3. Section and pin your hair out of the way and only work on one section at a time.
4. Choose the barrel size based on the size you want for your waves/curls. Note that to change the direction of your curls, you need to flip the cylinder or keep it upside down (there are helpful arrows on the cylinders to help you orient yourself).
5. You can wrap your hair manually or let the air wrap it by itself. To do this, hold your section of hair in the middle and place the barrel right next to your ends until they hook and wrap. All you have to do is move it towards your head.
6. Hold for 15 seconds or until hair is completely dry. Then set the curl with the cold blow for 10-15 seconds.
7. For a hairstyle, start with the directional brush attachment and brush your hair in all directions to create maximum volume. Then use the round brush to tuck in the ends for the salon look.
8. If you want beach waves, use the smaller barrels. Take a section of hair and start manually wrapping from the root area, wrap once and let sit for a couple of seconds, then wrap again and wait. Do this until you have wrapped the entire section of hair. Apply a cool shot as you wrap the ends.
9. For a natural lift, use the brush attachment to lift the front of your hair from the roots.
10. Add a styling product like hair spray to maximize holding capacity.
3 Dyson Airwrap tutorials for short hair
1. Dyson Airwrap Tutorial for Short Hair | Voluminous waves | Alexandra Rodriguez
If you have short hair and want to get voluminous and beautiful waves, then this tutorial is for you! She recommends using a little hair oil Y heat shield on your hair even though Airwrap is not as damaging as other heat tools. She shows you what accessories to use for the different parts of the hairstyle and demonstrates exactly how to get the beautiful look.
2. Dyson Airwrap Upgrade Tutorial and My Tips | indian moon
Check out this tutorial if you are looking for voluminous, blow-dried curls with voluminous curtain bangs. She uses products like a split ends serum a heat protectant spray and a good hair spray. She teaches you about the proper preparation for this hairstyle and how to make it last as long as possible!
3. Dyson Airwrap Tutorial Review for Short Hair | Olia Majd
If you have a bob cut and are looking for a smooth, straight but bouncy hairstyle, check out this Dyson Airwrap tutorial. Pre-dry her hair to about 80% with one of the attached brushes and start by curling her hair, but use a wide tooth comb brush it and get rid of the curls, but keeping the volume.
3 Dyson Airwrap tutorials for medium hair
1. How to use the Dyson Airwrap | Tips for styling | Elanna Pecherle
Click play this video to learn amazing tips and tricks for styling your hair with the Dyson Airwrap. She’s nailed the bouncy curls look and figured out how to make them last as long as possible, so you’ll definitely want to hear what she has to say. she wears a frizz serum just like him Opalex Bond Softener #6 Y hair spray as some of your favorite products to use with Airwrap.
2. The Dyson Airwrap… I have thoughts! | melissa kayley
If you’re looking to tame beautiful tousled curls, check out how she uses the Airwrap in this tutorial. She explains step by step how she achieves this look and uses products like Hyaluronic Hair Treatment The INKEY List to reduce frizz and increase shine, Gisou Hair Oil to add shine and wrinkle free hair clips to help style your bangs.
3. Beach waves for fine hair with Dyson Air Wrap | Hair Tutorial for Voluminous Waves | ashley yes
This tutorial is great for anyone with fine, medium-length hair. She shows you how to get bouncy, beachy waves step by step as she talks to you so you can see how she does it every step of the way. She uses products like the Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer, Ouai Wave Spray Y Medium Hold Hairspray Medium Hold Moroccanoil.
3 Dyson Airwrap tutorials for long hair
1. How To: Dyson Airwrap on Naturally Thick, Curly Hair | Tips and Tricks for a Blowout at Home | Kian J Meghani
If you think you can’t use the Dyson Airwrap on thick, curly hair, think again. In this tutorial, you will learn how to transform thick, curly, and frizzy hair into a beautiful hairstyle from the comfort of your own home. She uses products like the Ouai Leave-In Conditionerthe Keratherapy Smoothing Cream and a wet brush to achieve this look.
2. How I Hacked the Dyson Airwrap *Really Hold a Curl* | mollie campsie
If you find it difficult to get to grips with the Dyson Airwap, watch this tutorial to learn how to modify it so it really holds your curls. His hair is absolutely stunning so pay close attention to his tips! You will also need products like styling clips, mousse and a tangle teaser.
3. Dyson Air Wrap Tutorial | 3 Easy Hairstyles (Bouncy Curls, Waves, C-Curl Bang) | Hannah YOU Moon
In this tutorial, he shares 3 different hairstyles and techniques you can use with the Dyson Airwrap, as well as the nozzles he uses for each style. She gives you some expert tips and tricks and breaks it all down in a super efficient and helpful way. She seals everything with him Briogeo Farewell Frizz Serum to ensure that your curls last as long as possible.
The Dyson Airwrap is one of the most talked about beauty products on social media. If you’ve recently invested in this hair tool, we hope you’ve enjoyed these tips and videos for styling your hair to perfection!
Did you like this roundup of Dyson Airwrap tutorials? We’d love for you to share this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more hair tips and tutorials? Be sure to follow our Hair Board on Pinterest!