There was something about the ’90s that was so fun and carefree, and it manifested itself in the beauty trends of the time. Many ’90s hairstyles were truly iconic, from braids and twists to fun accessories like claw clips and butterflies.
While some hairstyles were questionable (think frosted tips), others are still in style more than 30 years later. From the iconic ’90s hairstyle to face-framing hairstyles to the half up half down hairstyle, these are the ’90s hairstyles that are still making waves today and exactly how to do them.
6 basic 90s hairstyles to invest in
1. claw clips – There might not be anything more 90s than the claw clip and you can find them in a variety of colors, sizes and designs.
2. pins – barrettes are another must-have accessory for 90s looks. Available in different colors and patterns, they suit a variety of 90s hairstyles!
3. butterfly clips – nothing says the 90s quite like butterfly hair clips. Use them to create a hairstyle for a fun night out with the girls or to wear to your favorite concert.
Four. velcro rollers – to create the iconic ’90s blowout.
5. crimper – a 1 1/2 inch curling iron will also help with the 90s look. The bigger the barrel, the more voluminous the waves.
6. iron Use a flat iron to straighten or curl your locks for these fun ’90s looks!
21 90s hairstyles for short hair
1. Easy TikTok 90s Y2K Hairstyles for Short Hair to Try | Sofia Hannah
We’re starting off strong with this tutorial that includes 10 ’90s-inspired hairstyles for you to try! You’ll see these hairstyles all over TikTok – they’re super cute and perfect for so many different activities and occasions! You’ll need 90s-inspired accessories like butterfly forceps, fine hair ties Y colored barrettes!
2. 90s Inspired Hairstyles for Short Hair | Quick and Easy | Olivia De Muro
These 90s short hair hairstyles are quick, easy, and very trendy. She explains how to create 5 different hairstyles, all of which require minimal effort and can be done in a few minutes. They are also all heatless! She uses products like a fine tooth comb a claw clip Y butterfly forceps.
3. Easy 90s Inspired Hairstyles for Short Hair | Tabitha Gingerich
These short hairstyles are perfectly 90s. They are super cute and trendy and easy to create too! She uses colored hair bows, pins Y hair ties to really give off that ’90s aesthetic. From a braided style to a half up ponytail, double pigtails, and more, you’ll have so much fun with these hairstyles!
11 90s hairstyles for medium hair
1. 90s hairstyles! | katherine rose
These 6 90s hairstyles are perfect if you have medium length hair. All of them are super simple and easy to make for any occasion, from dinner with friends to a concert or date night. You will need products like a teasing brush, hair spray Y Forks.
2. Half Ponytail Hairstyle | 90s Ponytail Hairstyle Tutorial | cheryl rocha
This half up hairstyle is so Bella Hadid and so 90s! It’s a super chic hairstyle and if you’ve been wondering how to get the look, she shows you step by step exactly how to do it! She uses products like the Utena Matomage Styling Sticka crimper and the Ouai Wave Spray.
3. 90s Inspired Hairstyles! (Quick and Easy) | marla catalina
Check out these 4 ’90s-inspired hairstyles, from a twisted style to a high pony with a side part and more! She gives you the best tips of her own on how to make these hairstyles look polished and seamless and each style is super wearable! You will need products like a dry shampoo an iron Y round brush.
8 90s hairstyles for long hair
1. Voluminous, Bouncy 90s Roller Curls | alysia lou
There’s nothing more iconic than a ’90s bang. These voluminous Victoria’s Secret-inspired curls are easy to do by following this tutorial. You will need a set of velcro rollers (the bigger the curl, the more voluminous your hair will be), the Conair Infiniti Hair Curler (but of course any curling iron will do) and roller clips.
2. TikTok, 90s, Pinterest-inspired hairstyles | mountain moon
If you love getting hair inspiration from Pinterest, you’ll love these 90s hair tutorials. With 6 hairstyles to choose from, you can wear them numerous times! For these hairstyles you will need products like mini hair clips, clear elastics for hair and a claw clip.
3. Quick and Easy 90s Ponytail Tutorial | In fashion | anime
This 90s ponytail is chic, modern, and super simple to do! Follow her step-by-step advice as she creates this look, using products like hair spray, thick hair ties and a boar bristle brush. You can wear this hairstyle elegant and spruced up, or dress it up for a more casual look, either way you are sure to stun!
90s hairstyles are back and bigger than ever. If you’ve been feeling that nostalgic itch, try these hairstyles to create the look!
Did you enjoy this roundup of 90s hairstyles? We’d love for you to share this post on Pinterest!
Looking for more beautiful hairstyles tutorials? Be sure to follow our Hair Board on Pinterest!